Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Icecream before bed is a bad idea.

So what leads me to blogging right now is the fact that I had icecream last night. I ate it while watching Biggest Loser Couples (which, on its own is just awesome that I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked after watching overweight people reach milestone losses of 100+ lbs in 12 weeks). Well by the time I got home and watched it, it was about 10:30 and that about the time I polished off my tasty treat. So I went to bed almost immediately after..do you know what happens if you have sugar then immediately go to bed?

Well first you end up boring your fiance to tears while he is trying to sleep but you want to vent about work for an hour. After he finally falls asleep mid "uh-huh, that's nice", you eventually drift off to dream land yourself.

But dream land on sugar is filled with evil, evil things. Nightmare after nightmare of people breaking into your apartment and dreams of you crashing your car over and over. Luckily, John got to be the knight in shining armor by defeating the burglar, which was a plus. But it still caused me to wake up every hour or two, making for a very bad night of sleep. My tossing and turning kept John up all night too. Sorry about that, dear.

So when I did wake up this morning, I somehow made my way to Yoga, which woke me up for a minute. Figuratively. I got home, sat on the couch for a bit, browsed my favorite sites and went to work. Well all of my work for the day was done within 45 minutes of arriving. How's that for job security? So for the next few hours, my job was to try to stay awake. I was not alone in my quest. I managed to snap a picture of my co-worker asleep at his desk. It seems he tried to use my technique of closing your eyes and clicking randomly about on your screen so from behind it looks like you are working but really, you're "resting your eyelids". Well it worked for a moment but then he was out.

I soooo wanted a sugar-free Red Bull, that would have solved all my problems. But, alas, only sugar-full Red Bulls were available. I was desperate so I braved the unreasonably tart taste of the 8oz can and was wide awake within a few minutes. I was ready to be a functioning part of society but unfortunately, there was still no work today. I decided to try to communicate with the rest of the world by sending emails and text messages from my desk but it seemed as though the entire world had disappeared.

So now I was starved for work and any social interaction. My boss was asleep at his desk, my co-workers had left for the day and everyone was too busy to respond to my attempts at communication. Poor John sent me an IM and I was so excited to hear from someone and so amped up on Red Bull that I gave him the entire story of the foundation behind the concept of CSS in relation to HTML when all he asked was why a picture wasn't showing up on a website at work.

So that's what has lead up to this post. Icecream before bed time -> nightmares -> bad sleep -> drowsiness -> Red Bull -> extreme energy -> lack of social interaction -> blog.

I realize this is essentially a blog about absolutely nothing, just a timeline of my day here at work. But that's ok. Because I found some entertainment for a minute. Figuratively.

No comments: